Sunday 26 August 2012

Hungry for Chappli

After having a long walk to the right of the hotel after Maghrib, I found a shop selling chappli kebab.  We do have chapplis in Karachi but I had a feeling that the chapplis here would taste different from the one in Karachi.
Yes, they do.
They mix onion and tomatoes in a huge quantity and very little pepper may be, which makes it taste sweetish instead of spicy.  I doubt if they use garlic in their food as the chappli or other Bar B. Q type foods gives off meaty smell.  In Karachi, we must let the meat sizzle in garlic paste so it removes the smell of meat from the food.
The old shopkeeper greeted me with a smile, asked me to sit on a chair and served me with a sample of chappli while I waited for my order.  That was very generous of him.


I had to take the photo of these okras/ladyfingers, three times larger in size than the one we have in Karachi.  I will cook them when I find a place to live here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment